Thanksgiving Trivia Questions and Answers for Kids?

I want to teach my children about Thanksgiving in a fun way.
So I've been looking on the web for Thanksgiving trivia questions and answers. The questions must be simple, since my kids are only 5 and 7.
I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I would like to come up with some sort of family game and use the questions and answers about Thanksgiving.
Can anyone post trivia questions with their answers? Do you have any ideas for me to make for Thanksgiving?

asked by Lillian in Holidays | 3553 views | 11-23-2010 at 08:29 PM

You can make your own personal Thanksgiving trivia game. Build up your own questions and answers about the game, I've have posted some questions below. With your computer printer and a pack of business card stock, you can make your own Thanksgiving Trivia cards.
Then put all of the questions in a bowl and be a host for your trivia game, divide the family into teams and play.

These are some Thanksgiving trivia questions and answers you can use for your game.

1. When is Thanksgiving celebrated?

A. November 28th
B. The first Thursday in November
C. The second Thursday in November
D. The third Thursday in November.
E. The fourth Thursday in November.

Answer: E

2. Why is Thanksgiving celebrated?

A. To give thanks for a good harvest.
B. To express gratitude in general.
C. As an excuse to eat a lot.
D. All of the Above

Answer: D

3. Which Native American tribe celebrated the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims?
Answer: The Wampanoag Indians.

4. Macy's Thanksgiving day parade started during which decade?
Answer: The 1920's.

5. Which historical figure wanted the turkey to be the national bird?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin.

Thanksgiving trivia can be a great way to add some fun to the holidays. Gather the family around and start the questions. Have some prizes ready for the team or person that answers the most Thanksgiving trivia questions correctly.

answered by Leah | 11-23-2010 at 08:30 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.